Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 1- Meet up with Team Cyclebetes in Calgary

This is the first post for the trip and it's coming via my iPhone... So bare with me in case things don't look pretty! As this is my second year with the team, seeing some old faces and reconnecting just made the day fly bye.
I was fortunately picked up by one of the support vehicles from the airport rather than biking to meet them, a good thing as my bag was fairly large and turning my head to check for traffic could have been tough. Once that was settled we drove to a park just outside of Calgary to set up a community bike ride and meet a local family to start a huge BBQ. I didn't get to ride today as it was only a 15km trip from the park to our campsite and changing into my gear for such a short ride wasn't worth it.
Tomorrow I'm slotted for the 7am ride on the tandem with my buddy Cam. Cam's a 19 year old professional downhill mountain biker and we rode together a lot last season so it should be a fast ride. Weather was good today but actually pretty cold. I'm expecting a chilly start to the day tomorrow however I brought all my winter riding gear which should keep me nice and warm.
And so the ride begins... 100km's tomorrow (or more)

On a side note, we stopped in to an awesome bike shop, Bow Cycles; this place was huge, had a wicked selection of equipment and the staff were very cool (didn't hold a candle to the Speed Theory team though). Check them out online as I can't upload my photo

No comments:

Post a Comment